The stars shone and so did the HKSpeedKing
What a win by Able Friend and Blizzard storms over the top of the Wizard of Oz to get the prize. A wonderful day of racing and a +18 unit day for followers of the HKSpeedKing.
OUT: 13.9 units IN: 31.44 units +17.54 units, $100 units +$1754
- Two flagged horses popped up on the same day and we made the most of it. Electronic Phoenix and Premium Champion had been black booked from track work and earlier races.
- Premium Champion in race 3 rated around $4 and as much as $9 was available and he saluted with ease. He was an early alert bet and members did well in betting early. We also backed Holmes Legend to place in this race and he did so returning a handsome dividend of $8
- Electronic Phoenix had shown a bit in track work and our speed figures said this horse had ability. Running the 11th fastest final sec of the day (by our measures) at its previous start. With a clear run we wee confident he could win. Another early alert allowed this $9 rater to be snapped up at $21 and we were rocking and rolling early.
- Bamboo Dance was a moral with any sort of pace and we secured odds of $2.30 for an easy win.
- Dragon General was a $5 rated chance and $16 was available at post time. Our Australian speed figures from rickwilliamsracing.com and form around the smart performer Eclair Choice said the horse was in this race up to his eyeballs. After a tough run, a check at a crucial stage and lacking in fitness Dragon General loomed up to win but just faded late for a close 4th. Will win soon.
- The rest of the day we were all over the form without any big results. Able Friend was a saver and our man bet Gold Fun ran second in that wonderful race.
- Military Attack, Charles The Great, Giant Treasure and Sichuan Dar and Marvel Hero all went close for us without winning.