That's racing, one of those days....
My recent winning run came to an end at Sha Tin. We were all around it with the figures and every winner bar one was mentioned in our comments but we didn't quite get the desired results. A few speculative long shots ran big races, most notably Wah May Friend. I thought he was a show in the feature and he certainly is a horse with potential. Wah May Friend got too far out of his ground and had too much to do in finishing better than anything for a close fourth. I thought Sun Jewellery and Blizzard in particular were a risk, got that right. Blizzard turned himself inside out in his previous run having a real gut buster. He had to be flat. The vet's report later revealing blood in the trachea. Sun Jewellery has a good winning record but it's figures are nothing spectacular.
What we got right:
- Winston's Lad at$10
- Terrific Master at $8
- Glamorous Ryder at $2.40 ( was not an advised bet, but should have been)
- The Jolly Jolly Unbeatable Guts quinella in Race 4, both unders unfortunately.
- Diamond King well rated but unders, wins race 5.
- Gold Dragon rated $10, pays $14, an overlay but not an advised bet wins race 6. We backed the top rater Imperial Gallantry which was unlucky, but probably still runs second.
- A dead heat quinella in the last where both of our roughies dead heated for second, Happilababay and Winnam.
So we were all over it, just needed an ounce more luck.
OUT: 19.87. IN: 13.92 -5.95